Oral cancer occurs more frequently in men than women. Like many cancers, oral cancer can be fatal if it is not detected and treated early. Oral cancer is much easier to treat early on, so early detection of cancer is very important.
Symptoms of Oral Cancer
There are many warning signs of oral cancer. You may not be able to spot the earliest signs, which is why regular visits to our Dentist are imperative. Dr. Sindhu Gundabathula is trained to detect signs of oral cancer and performs oral cancer screenings during regular dental cleaning and exam appointments. If you notice any of the following signs between visits, let our Dentist in Chalfont, Pennsylvania, know:
– A thicker area or lump in the cheek that can be felt with your tongue
– Red or white patches on the tongue, gums or other areas inside of the mouth
– A sore on the lips or gums or inside of your mouth that doesn’t heal and bleeds easily
– Unexplained numbness or loss of feeling in the mouth
– A swelling of the jaw
– Trouble swallowing or chewing food
– Unexplained pain or soreness in the mouth
– The feeling that something is stuck in your throat
Feel free to contact our office at 215-660-3636 today to learn more and to schedule your next oral cancer screening.