The hazards of mouth jewelry in dentistry exist because many forms of lip and tongue rings can do permanent damage to your smile if you are not careful. Here are some things you should know about mouth jewelry:
– Due to the size of most mouth jewelry, they are relentless choking hazards that, if broken off, could put your life in danger.
– Some individuals may be allergic to the fragments in a lip or tongue ring.
– Mouth jewelry can make daily brushing and flossing routines more difficult and less effective.
– Due to open wounds brought on by mouth jewelry, your risk for oral infections increases, including the dangers of serious infections such as hepatitis or endocarditis.
– Occasionally, individuals find themselves playing with their mouth jewelry with their tongue, which can swing around the pieces and raise your risk for tooth enamel or gum damage.
– Mouth jewelry, especially tongue jewelry, can cause perpetual nerve damage when applied.
– Mouth jewelry that contains hard plastic or metal parts can easily swing around and chip and crack teeth.
Whichever oral health care treatment services you feel would best suit your needs, Dr. Sindhu Gundabathula and our team here at Chalfont Dentistry in our dentist office in Chalfont, Pennsylvania are committed to providing you the service you require. We can be reached at 215-583-2425. The path to a healthy smile starts today!